Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thirty Days of Thanks 2014

1. Today I am thankful for French fries and milkshakes at midnight, with teenage giggles. 
2. Today I am thankful for baby snuggles. That stage went far too fast with my own. 
3. Today I am thankful for growth and hard conversations, that aren't so hard after all. 
4. Today I am thankful for unexpected joy at work and for the understanding smile of another person. 
5. Today I am thankful for starting to make new plans. I hate living in limbo. 
6. Today I am thankful for hot chocolate made with milk and for a five year old girl's arms wrapped around my neck.  
7. Today I am thankful for the patience that Avery has had with her siblings and for a Panda Express lunch date. 
8. Today I am thankful for a little boy who tries so hard. 
9. Today I am thankful for opportunities for happiness in my life, including snuggles and giggles with my oldest two daughters. 
10. Today I am thankful for understanding and patience. It appears as though I need more of it lately. 
11. Today I am thankful for my heated blanket. It is the only reason I sleep at all. 
12. Today I am thankful for all of the love in my life. 
13. Today I am thankful for the opportunity to try new things and jump a little out of my comfort zone. 
14. Today I am thankful for lots and lots of blankets. 
15. Today I am thankful when my children are grateful. 
16. Today I am thankful for time. 
17. Today I am thankful for help, reading and twenty questions. 
18. Today I am thankful that I'm feeling better and for a packed lunch. 
19. Today I am thankful for rum. Yup. 
20. Today I am thankful for the chance to watch my girls get pleasure out of volunteering. 
21. Today I am thankful for a tiny peanut and her hand in mine. Happy Birthday, baby girl. 
22. Today I am thankful for the understanding of others and being brave. 
23. Today I am thankful that my children will talk to me about the hard stuff. 
24. Today I am thankful that I didn't have to drive home in snow. 
25. Today I am thankful for progress, open communication and self-acceptance. And not so gentle reminders. ;)
26. Today I am thankful for new beginnings.
27. Today I am thankful for the little things and my children's smiles. 
28. Today I am thankful for the chance to surprise my children with their new home. 
29. Today I am thankful for bedtime. 
30. Today I am thankful for strength. I am thankful for courage. I am thankful for the ability to choose my attitude. Sometimes. Okay...I try. 

No comments: