Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Kid Is A ROCKSTAR

This summer, Bai and I made a goal of completing a half marathon. Well, after less than stellar training (read that as we DIDN'T train)...we decided to do it anyway.
 
Hey, don't judge...we had a crazy summer.
 
I'm happy to report that at 13.1 years old, my beautiful and amazing daughter completed her first 13.1 miles. It wasn't easy and she wanted to give up around mile six...wanted to kill me around mile ten...but she did it. I couldn't have done that at thirteen years old. No way. Her perseverance astounds me. 
 
We did the half with a couple friends of ours. There is no way we could have done this, without them!

My beautiful girl. I'm so incredibly proud to be her Mommy.

Mile 10...can you see the joy on their faces?

Me, Bai, Braidy and Alisha
I hope these three know how incredible I think they are. I have done this race before and I know the mental hurdles that you have to overcome to even attempt it, let alone the incredible physical toll it is on your body. I swore to myself around mile eleven that I wouldn't do it again (same thing I said the first time I participated in this foolishness)...but I would.

And I will.

No comments: