Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanks

1. Today I am thankful for fear. Some fear keeps you safe; other fear teaches you to be strong.
2. Today I am thankful for the learned ability to be more calm at work, when everything goes wrong. In a 30 second period.
3. Today I am thankful for people who can make me laugh. Laughter heals the soul. 
4. Today I am thankful for Josh and how hard he works for our family. Our children are incredibly lucky to have him for a father. 
5. Today I am thankful for patience. Those who force me to have it...and those who have it with me. 
6. Today I am thankful for beautiful fall colors and living in a state where I can enjoy them. 
7. Today I am thankful to have a career that I love. A career in which I feel like I make a difference...sometimes big, sometimes small...every single day. 
8. Today I am thankful for healthy babies and the knowledge of the medical community. I was scared today. I don't always like being a nurse...sometimes ignorance is bliss. 
9. Today I am thankful for friends that are loving and accepting. It is good to feel like you aren't alone in this world. 
10. Today I am thankful for feeling like I'm moving forward, rather than merely treading water. 
11. Today I am thankful for knowing what to do. No panic. No worry. Clear head. 
12. Today I am thankful for Bailey and the amazing example that she is to her siblings. 
13. Today I am thankful that I got to be there. I'm thankful that she got to spend his few remaining hours with him, in peace and was able to say good-bye. 
14. Today I am thankful for Ry and her thoughtfulness. I love getting texts while I'm at work, just because she wants to make my day better. 
15. Today I am thankful for Bek and how she manages to flawlessly deal with my insane schedule. I couldn't pursue my dreams without her love and support. 
16. Today I am thankful for Luke and the way he can make me laugh like nobody else in this world. 
17. Today I am thankful for lazy days full of cooking, playing and giggling. These types of days are too few and far between lately. 
18. Today I am thankful for people who can say, "I know exactly how you're feeling.", in so many areas of my life. Without the support that I have, I'd be nothing. 
19. Today I am thankful for being surrounded by love. 
20. Today I am thankful for the unexpected. 
21. Today I am thankful for Peanut and the perfect caboose she is for our family. Happy Birthday, my preemie princess.
22. Today I am thankful that the end of the semester is near and I am somehow surviving it.
23. Today I am thankful for Avery and the person she is becoming. I wish everyone could see her the way I do. 
24. Today I am thankful for the kindness and thoughtfulness of others.
25. Today I am thankful for a nap. Why I ever fought those as a kid, is beyond me.
26. Today I am thankful for the moments when I feel needed and the moments when I feel like I belong. 
27. Today I am thankful for friendships that have spanned multiple decades. 
28. Today I am thankful that my children are growing up in a safe and loving home. 
29. Today I am thankful for family traditions.
30. Today I am thankful for this past year, because it has taught me so many things. It has made me stronger and more patient. It has given me opportunities that I only dreamed were possible. It has brought amazing people into my life, that I can't imagine living without. This past year has served to teach me that I AM enough. Just as I am.

No comments: