Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fifteen Years Ago

He stuttered out the request...and I said yes.

Fifteen years ago today, Josh and I went to the homecoming dance at my high school...and I swore I'd never go out with him again. He didn't talk. He didn't know how to dance. He let me pay for dinner. It. Was. Awkward.

Life since has been a whirlwind. It has been very, very great at times...and very, very bad at times. We have struggled through so much, merely kids pretending to be grown ups, but we always stuck it through. Deaths, lost jobs, broken down cars, financial worries, sickness, surgeries, sleepless nights, lonely days, arguments, stupid choices, and a miscarriage were all balanced out by births, giggles, new jobs, hugs, goals achieved and LOVE.

"We may not have gone where we intended to go...
but I think we have ended up where we needed to be."
 
 
I love you, bun boy. 

No comments: