Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Ryleigh Roo!

Ten years ago today, I brought home a tiny little baby girl. I had brought home a tiny little baby girl before, but now...I knew things. I knew how much they cried. I knew how much of a mess they could make. I knew how many nights I would sleep in 15 minute spurts. 

I also knew how much a person, weighing less than a bowling ball, could change my life. I knew how hard I would fall in love and how wrapped around a tiny 2 inch pinkie finger, I could become. I knew that I would instantly give my life for this person, if needed and I knew that I would never ever be the same.

In the last ten years this child has amazed me. From potty training herself at fifteen months, to writing her name before she was three, to reading before she was four...it seems there is nothing that this child cannot do...and do it well. In the last year she began gymnastics, quickly moved to the pre-competition team and just today began training on the competitive team. She will be beginning 5th grade in the fall and will be starting out in a 7th grade math class. She astounds me. She is still adamant about wanting to be an orthopedic surgeon when she grows up and I have no doubts that she will achieve this goal. 

First day of 4th grade.

My cute tiger!

Such a beautiful girl!

She was in absolute shock when she received "Rebekah", her first  American Girl  doll.
She just ordered "Julie" today, for her birthday. :)

Love this flexible kid! 

Crazy hair and sock day...looks like a picture out of a Dr. Seuss book! ;)

Gymnastics on a Mexican Caribbean beach.
Roo,

I love you so much. You are such an amazing kid and I love watching you grow up. You have taught me so much about life and parenthood in these last ten years and I can't wait to see what the next ten years brings. Thank you for picking me to be your Mommy. I am the luckiest woman in the world!

Happy, happy birthday, sweetheart!
Love,
Mom


No comments: