Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer is Approaching

It is the kids' last full week of school (even though they don't know it). We leave for our surprise vacation in nine days and it is highly possible that I will lose my ever loving mind before then.

End of year programs, field trips, dance recitals, gymnastic programs, preschool graduation...whoa. Every day has been chuck full of running, running and more running (and not the kind I should be doing, either!). Where does the time go? I feel like I'm constantly chasing one thing after another...and in the middle of it all, my babies are growing up!

Bay is finishing elementary school this year and is so excited to start junior high next year. I'm not ready for that...but she doesn't seem to care. ;) She completed Latin with flying colors and is somewhat happy about starting a Spanish class next year. (I'm MUCH happier...Spanish I can help with...Latin was a struggle...) She improved so much in dance this year and I can't wait to see what next year has to offer.


Ry is finishing up 4th grade. She was recently tested to see if she could be placed in an 8th grade math class next year. She didn't quite pass, but will be joining a 7th grade class. She's amazing. She also made competition team in gymnastics, so on top of school she will be in the gym with her team over ten hours a week. I'm so proud of her.


Avers is almost done with 2nd grade! She has done really well and I'm really happy with the improvement she has made. She has moved up to a yellow belt in Taekwondo and competed in a few tournaments this year. She has impressed me with the changes she has experienced in the last couple years. She still struggles (don't we all?), but overall she is doing fantastic!



Lukey rocked first grade. His cursive is so nice (he should give penmanship lessons to his Dad!) and his reading is impressive! He also moved up to a yellow belt in Taekwondo and competed in a few tournaments. He shocked me with his board breaking skills and beat out four other children to take first place in his age group!

Peanut is finishing up her first year of preschool and did great! She can write her name, along with a few other words and do simple math. She absolutely loved her dance class and I thoroughly enjoyed watching her ballet and tap performances. My perfect preemie princess isn't so little anymore!


I can't believe how much life has changed during this school year. How much we have been through, struggled through, laughed through and loved through. I'm excited (and scared) to see what next year will bring...AFTER I enjoy the hell out of summer break! ;)

No comments: