Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday, Mr. Man!

My little man is growing up. 

Lukey is such an amazing kid. He has not only survived, but THRIVED, while living in an estrogen-filled home. ;) He has the most tender heart and when it gets broken, oh boy...those big brown eyes are so sad. He is rambunctious and hyper and crazy...but he also loves to snuggle and watch movies. He is fantastic about unloading the dishwasher every day and he loves fixing things. (Basically, I'm raising the perfect future husband for a lucky someone out there...) ;)

He is an amazing student. He really buckled down and improved his cursive this year. I can't wait to see what he accomplishes in second grade, next year. Lukey also started Taekwondo last fall and has already progressed to a yellow belt! He took 1st place in board breaking, 2nd place in sparring and 3rd place in sparring at a couple of tournaments this year. I love how hard he has worked.

Forever the comedian.
Playing with the peacocks at the Tracy Aviary.

First day of 1st grade.

Look at those big brown eyes! They melt me!

My scary ninja

Candy! Candy! Candy!
He's quite the artist. ;)

He loves bowling and the arcade.

What a stud! 

Testing for his yellow belt (along with Avers!)

I hope he's always a Momma's boy. His giggles make my heart sing.
Lukey,
You are one amazing kid! You say the most absolutely hilarious things and I love how you think. You recently asked me if the reason we couldn't have any more babies is because I ran out of centipedes in my belly. :) One day I'll have your Dad explain all that to you. You give the very best hugs and you can be the most thoughtful person I have ever met. I'm so proud of how well you do in school and how hard you work. You have improved so much, and grown up so much this year. Your laugh is infectious and I love that everyone thinks you look like a little mini-me. I love you, my son. I hope this next year is as amazing and perfect and wonderful as you are.
Love,
Mommy

No comments: