Thursday, April 4, 2013

Surviving Spring Break

Spring break is in full force around here. One entire week of my mess making, chaos creating, very loud little angels being home. All. Day. Long.

I wish that I was on spring break, too, so that we could plan some amazing adventures. However, with me still having to work and my school schedule the same as always, it's not going to happen. I want to be "that" mom, that has an amazing event planned for every day, complete with themed crafts and snacks.

Umm...we've made it to the park a couple of days this week... Does that count for anything?



It is nearly 10 am, on day four of their break, and it is quiet. I mean...quiet. I haven't heard a peep from them in at least the last hour and a half, since they ate their waffles. I could go look...but why jinx it? I like the denial happy version in my head. I'm sure that someone has been tied up they are all getting along wonderfully. I know that the basement is destroyed they have done all their chores and cleaned up after themselves. I'm positive no one has brushed their teeth that they have all showered and dressed for the day. I  could go check on them, but then they would want something I would interrupt their bonding time.

Ahh. Sheer denial bliss.

I'm so happy that they can truly not kill each other get along. :)

No comments: