Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mommy's Little Big Girl

I remember a day, not too long ago, when I brought this little girl home to a nursery painted with ladybugs. I sat in my rocking chair, holding her tiny 6 lb body and wondered what on earth I was supposed to do with this tiny life.

Yesterday, she came home from school after a bad day, and climbed on my lap. She hasn't done this in years and while it made me smile...it shattered my heart. Gone was my little baby, that fit on my chest, with tiny fingers twirled in my hair. In her place, was this half-adult sized body. Sitting on my lap, her feet hit the floor and her arms wrapped all the way around me.

My little girl is growing up. I'm able to have conversations with her, that surprise even me. She is wise beyond her years and her maturity sincerely impresses me. I'm not going to lie...I miss the days when she came to me for her every need. I miss when my cuddles could fix any problem that she was having. Now, I can't solve every problem with a band-aid and a Popsicle.

However, I love knowing...that after a bad day...she will still turn to me for comfort, advice and reassurance. I may not have done everything right, with this tiny life that I was given...but I have done something right.

Bailey Bug, I love you. To the moon and back.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

that picture is one of the most beautiful things i have ever seen. the emotion on her face...oh hun, you are such an amazing mom.