Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Lied...When It Rains...

...it creates a damn hurricane.

Wednesday: I had to take Ry in to the orthopedic surgeon for her foot. I should seriously have a frequent flyer punch card for this guy's office. No gymnastics for three weeks = upset little girl. Five days until my first comprehensive final and I haven't studied yet. Crap.

Thursday: I took Bek to the hospital to get her gallbladder out. She had a little issue waking up from anesthesia, causing me a great deal of stress. (My mind always goes to worst case scenario.) I had three assignments due, that I managed to turn in with not much time to spare. Bay has a choir concert, at the same time the twins of terror have to be at taekwondo, ten miles apart. So thankful for the people that helped with that carpool situation. Four days until my first comprehensive final and I haven't studied yet. Crap.

Friday: I worked all day, took kids to school, picked kids up, cleaned the house, caught up on laundry, ran six miles and kept Bek drugged. Three days until my first comprehensive final and I haven't studied yet. Crap.

Saturday: We left at 6:30 am, drove over an hour and spent all day at a taekwondo tournament for Avery and Luke. I hate driving. Hate. It. But Josh had worked all night long, so I was stuck with it. Two days until my first comprehensive final and I haven't studied yet. Crap.

Sunday: I miss being lazy with my kids. I spend the day watching movies with them and four hours in the kitchen, making homemade Chinese food and fruit cocktail cake. Josh's sister (Brit), husband (Jake) and kids spend the day with us. One day until my first comprehensive final and I haven't studied yet. Crap.

Monday: I work all morning, drop Peanut off at school and take my 99 question, 120 minute time limit, final. Yeah. Not even a minute and a half per question. Thanks, professor. I hit submit, somehow get an A-, when I was sure I didn't know half of the questions...and my phone rings. Brit is freaking out on the other end...she was talking to Jake on the phone and hears him roll the car. I head up to the hospital...get a flat tire on the way there (I know...SERIOUSLY!!)...and find out that he rolled four times, finishing on the roof. He was alert when I got there.  No contusions. No scrapes. No internal injuries, other than a chipped vertebrae in his neck. He walks out of the hospital a couple hours later with a neck brace and orders to follow up with an orthopedic surgeon in a week to make sure he is healing fine.

Seat belts, people. Wear them.

I think...I've hit my limit, stress wise. I have one more final, in two days and no...I haven't studied yet.

I want a nap.

A long, long, long nap.

If everyone could please...just stay safe...for the next few days...I'd appreciate it. Okay? Okay.

(Serious moment: I am so very thankful that Jake is okay and the only thing severely hurt was the vehicle. I'm thankful that kind and thoughtful people stopped to help him, until paramedics arrived. I'm thankful that Bek is healing well and there were no further complications. I'm happy that Ry's foot wasn't worse, she will recover completely and she can get back to her training. I'm ecstatic that I somehow pulled a 90% on that final and I pray the next one goes as smoothly.

Thank you to those that have brought dinners over and called to check on my sanity. I am a blessed, blessed girl, with amazing family and friends.)

No comments: