Friday, April 19, 2013

Home Sweet Boston Home


It has been nearly two decades since I have lived in Massachusetts. It has been just over a decade since I last set foot on Boston's streets, only two weeks after 9/11.

But...Boston will always be "home", to me.

I pray that those affected, in any way, are able to find the closure and comfort that they need. I'm thankful that my friends and family were safe throughout all of the events that unfolded. I'm so appreciative of those that contacted me, to make sure that my family was out of harm's way. I'm happy to know that, once again, a city...a state...a nation...can join together in support of one another, in the face of evil.

No matter where I live in this world, Boston will always be a place I call home.

"Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." 
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments: