Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, Avery!!!

Dear Avery,

Eight? Already? Just last year you were born, shocking us all, five weeks early, perfectly healthy. Just a few months ago, you were toddling around after your older sisters, trying to keep up. Just last month, you were heading off to your first day of preschool, so excited that you couldn't stand it for another moment. Just last night, I tucked you into bed, after your first day of kindergarten. 

I swear...where does the time go?

You are such an amazing kid. You have the most tender heart of anyone I know and when it is broken, I can feel my own shatter into a million pieces. Your laughter is the most infectious sound I have ever heard and when I hear it, I can't help but giggle, myself.

You, my beautiful daughter, are going to change this world. You are going to make it an amazing place for others to be in, simply because they have the joy of having you in their lives. You have taught me so many things about life, other people and myself, in your short little life. For that...I can never repay you.

Happy Birthday, my wonderful girl. May you...and the rest of the world...know how much of a miracle you are. I love you...to the moon and back.

Love,
Mommy
Such a beautiful girl. I'm so proud to call you my daughter.

I love your smile. :)

You ran in the kid's mile on the 4th of July.

Summer vacation to Park City...and you're still a goober. ;)

Park City fun.

First day of second grade.

You don't like sushi. ;) We learned that, this year! 

Right before your first match!

FIRST PLACE!!!
That beautiful face is mesmerizing. I love you, sweetheart.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Everytime you describe your sweet Avery, it reminds me so much of my little miss Malia... xoxo