Friday, January 4, 2013

boxing gLOVEs

For Christmas, I got a heavy bag! (Do I appear as though I have some stress to work out, or what?) ;)

It is now proudly hanging in my bedroom, so that I can get in a quick 15-20 minute work out whenever I want. We are going to fix it so that it can be taken down and put up with ease, but for now, the hook wasn't the right size and it's there all the time. I have a large bedroom, so it fits just fine...but it ain't so purty. (However, SUUUUPER fun to run into, in the middle of the night, when I get up to use the bathroom!)

The first day I tried it out, I used sparring gloves. (Don't laugh at the uneducated, okay? When my schedule opens up a bit, I'd love to take a boxing class, but until then I have to learn through trial and error.) Yeah...that was stoopid. I tore up my hands so bad.

I wish this picture gave the proper justice to how bad my hand looked.  And felt.
Well, then we got smart and did some research. Some proper handwraps and gloves later...and I was set! Unfortunately my hand was still pretty tore up and I just managed to aggravate it more. But I still LOVE it! There is nothing like wailing on something that won't file charges. ;)

Aren't they cute???
This is almost two weeks later and I'm still healing. It is itchy as all hell and sore. But, after even more research and figuring out how to wrap my hands properly, I'm in business.

Owie.
I've found a couple women's heavy bag workouts online and for now...they work. I really would love to take a class one day. Josh has told me for years that I punch harder than a normal person...heh, that'll teach him! (No, really, just when we would "spar" and I'd punch his hands.) So, who knows...maybe one day when I have time for a hobby...this will be it! :) Until then, it is a great workout.

Feeling some agitation? Stop on by and give it a smack. You won't be disappointed. ;)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ohhh...that looks like FUN! I just started a new kickboxing Jillian Michaels' video and I'm enjoying it, but how much more fun to actually have a TARGET!!!