Friday, November 2, 2012

Mommy Is Still Here

I hate waking up so early and sneaking out the door before anyone is up. The house is eerily quiet and my departure is sterile...void of the hugs and "I love you Mom!"

I don't want them to think that I don't think of them while I'm gone...

So, I leave them notes.

Notes to say, "I was thinking of you this morning".

Notes to say "I love you" and "Be good".

Notes to say "Good luck on your test today" and "Have fun at gymnastics".

Notes to say..."Mommy is still here".


2 comments:

Andrea said...

Those notes will do them good! When hubby was working out of town Mon-Fri for months and months in a row, he would leave the girls notes on Monday mornings before he left for the week. They treasured them!

Ooh - I've also heard of little notebook things that parents leave under their kids' pillows. Then the kids write them notes back and stick them under the parents' pillow...fun!

DizzyMamma said...

Thats such a sweet idea, and probably something they will treasure and remember as adults.
You are doing a great job, and your kids know that you love them, even if you don't get to be with them as much as you'd like, and when all this is done, it will be so worth it, for all of you xxx