Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Miss Maturity

As I approach "teenager-hood" with Bay, I'm impressed more and more with this child.

Oh, the girl can throw attitude with the best of them and make me want to bang my head against the wall...but there is another (saner) side of her, as well. I love this side. She is so smart...way beyond her years...and compassionate.

She opened up to me the other day about a problem she is having...and I LOVED that she would talk to me about it. I won't disclose what it was, because it doesn't really matter and it's hers...but I was amazed at her grasp on the world. She is such a sweet girl and far more mature than I give her credit for. (In my defense, it can be hard to see when she is acting like a schizophrenic with 'roid rage...but, I digress...)


Bay, 

I love you. You are such an amazing person and everyone around you can see it. As long as you keep your independent spirit, you will do just fine. Keep your head up, kiddo...you are going to change this world. 

Love, Mom

No comments: