Sunday, November 11, 2012

I Want To Be A Photographer...When I Grow Up

I love taking photos. LOVE. IT.
I've never taken a class. I don't know how to use Photoshop to save my life. (Picasa, yes...Photoshop, well...I'm still waiting for someone to teach me!) I don't know how to use half the features on my camera. But...I know what I like.
There are so many amazing photographers out there. I aspire to be them, when I grow up. When I have time to take a class or two, I will. For now, some people (usually just my kids) have entrusted me to capture some memories for them...and I thank them for their faith in me. Today, I wanted to share some of my favorite photos that I've taken in the last year or so. They may not be technically wonderful...but they all mean something to me.


There is nothing like catching laughter on film. It radiates from their faces.
 

She cute and a little shy...behind a superhero mask.
 

Her eyelashes...they get me, every time.


I love this pose. It makes their eyes the focal point of the picture.


I love the sweetness in her face. I took this the day that she said, "I love you, Mom", for the first time, unprompted.


This photo captures every essence of her, at three years old.


Salt Lake City Temple


I love reflection photos.


So tiny and precious.



I love the bright colors. This collage screams "childhood", to me.
 

Military funeral with a 21 gun salute. Need I say more?


I take one of these every year, when we let balloons fly for Mom. They always touch me.




I'm not a huge nature photographer...but I could be with this scenery to play with.


Beautiful.


Burraston Ponds. This was a childhood memory I was able to capture for someone.


Bek's Graduation
 

Bachelor of Psychology photos. Taken at the International Peace Gardens in SLC, Utah.
I adore the flowers peeking from the background.


International Peace Gardens...and a sweet boy. I love the look of the stone and wood behind him.


My friend, Matt, asked me to photograph his children. Look at those eyes!


Matt's children at the International Peace Gardens


I love eyes, can you tell? I think when they are the focus, they make for amazing shots.


My sister, saying "I do."


My sister and her husband. I love the textures of the stone and the trees.

Peacock at Tracy Aviary in SLC, Utah. I was so shocked that he would let me get this close. I couldn't resist his beautiful colors!

Not the best photo, technically speaking...but the very first photo of all the grandkids on my side of the family.



Photos that touch me and stir great emotion, like this one, are unforgettable.
Salt Lake City Cemetery, Veterans Cemetery, on Memorial Day 2012

One day...I will learn the fine art of photography...for now...I'll be content with capturing some great photos every now and then. :)

No comments: