Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Goodnight, Peanut

I had the hardest time tucking her in tonight.

She's four. Four. I didn't want to let her go. I wanted to snuggle her. Kiss her. Hug her. Hold her...while she was still little.

I want to forever tuck away the memory of the way freckles dust across her nose. I want to remember her shy smile, when she is being bashful. I want to remember the way the sunlight bounces off her hair, as she runs down the sidewalk. I want to remember her little voice asking me a million questions and how she always ends them with "...huh, Mom?" I want to remember the way she still loves to lay with me, with her head on my chest, my fingers playing in her hair. She's growing up so fast...I wish I could keep her little.

Goodnight, my Peanut. I love you. Forever. Plus a day.

No comments: