Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So...This Nursing School Thing...

I've been a nursing student for 17 days now...and I'm still alive.

I've done eighteen assignments, two discussion posts, one paper and two tests. I've read more than I am able to remember. I've learned that even if we are studying chapters 4-6, the assignment can very well be based off of chapters 32-69.

I've cried twice. Yelled at my computer hourly. Wanted to quit...nearly every day.


But, I'm following the age old advice of, "take it one day at a time." It's the only way I figure that I am going to survive. Some things have been easier than I expected. The assignments aren't hard by any means, there are just a lot of them. Some things are worse. The communication between professors and students is a little lacking, in my opinion.

I've said all along that if I can just make it through to Christmas without losing a kid, getting divorced or failing a class, then I will consider my first semester a success. So far, so good! ;) We'll see what the next 17 days bring, as we begin our clinicals...

Now...when do I get to start poking people???

2 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

I felt just the same way when I went back to university a few years ago...

The key is to only look at your calendar one week in advance. If I looked any further, I'd cry!! It just felt like there was too much to do in such a short period of time...

You can do this-- you ARE doing this. Just keep it up!! We're all rooting for you--

xoxo CGF

Michele B. said...

Seriously.....when do we get to start poking people?