Friday, July 27, 2012

Mommy's Medical Pains

With the amount of medical bills I have, you would think that someone in the family has a terminal illness.

I'm juggling twelve open medical bills right now due to Luke spraining his wrist, Ry's fractured ankle, Ry's lab work for her digestive tract and my labs proving that I have had immunizations, for nursing school. Hospitals bill separate from the doctors, doctors bill separate from the medical equipment they used...labs bill separate from all of that. *sigh* They total more than I care to admit and while each of them have been more than willing to work with me on payments, even the monthly payments are double my only car payment.

We have medical insurance...and pay quite a bit monthly for it...so, why is it this bad? Why is the out-of-pocket deductible 25% of my income? When did this become okay? How is anyone supposed to get ahead...or hell, even stay afloat, facing this?

I know I'm preaching to the choir. I know I'm not the only family in this situation. I don't know what the solution is. But...I'm frustrated.

3 comments:

Our Family of Four said...

dang!
with our military insurance, i don't realize how it is when you have to carry your own policies and stuff! thats horrible. things need to channnnnge!

christine said...

We all face tough situations in our lives. Its ok to sometimes just let it out sometimes. But we have to be strong and never give up.

Andrea said...

Financial struggles are SO stressful. We're facing some ourselves right now.

You should move to Canada though - hospital visits/doctor visits are FREE out here!! (some exceptions of course...) :)