Monday, July 23, 2012

It's Okay...Not To Be Okay

"You can't make everyone happy."

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

We've all read the quotes. But, it's different applying it to your life.

I'm beginning to realize, with my thirty years of experience, that sometimes...you just aren't going to be good enough for some people. Who you are...well...it just. won't. be. enough.

What to do with this knowledge? I have no idea. I want to say that I will ignore it. Move on. Not let it bother me. Buuuut, that is not my personality. I want to work it out. I want answers. I want to know why I don't measure up to a person's ideal of who I should be. I want to know why who I am is so unlovable.

I'm not perfect and I don't claim to be. I'll sit and list all my mistakes and errors, if you'd like...but I'm pretty sure that anyone could do the same. Life doesn't come with an instruction manual.

Somehow I have to come to terms with the fact that personalities conflict and I can't change who I am. Those that want me in their life, can have me. Those that don't...well...I can't change who they are, either.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You most certainly ARE loveable!!!! Just because some people are twerps, that is THEIR downfall, and not to mention, their loss, because YOU are fabulous, my dear!!