Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Family Fun Day - April

What? It's June? Yeah...yeah...I know. Time gets away from me, okay? ;)

In April we took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked and then out to dinner at Tepanyaki. If you've never been there, it is a hibachi style restaurant where the chef cooks dinner right at the table in front of you, on a large griddle. The kids have been begging me to go forever and I finally relented.

They had a lot of fun catching flying shrimp in their mouths, watching the chef toss knives around and seeing big fireballs shoot up from the grill. They attempted to master chopsticks and a few even dared try a piece of a California Roll.

I love sitting around talking with these munchkins.

Watching them try out the chopsticks was priceless!
After that big bite of California Roll went in Avery's mouth...it came right back out. I guess she's not a sushi fan!
Bailey, however, loved it!

FIRE! Peanut's eyes got SO big at the sight of the onion volcano!

What is dinner without dessert?
We stopped off for dipped ice-cream cones and giggles.

Ask for a silly face...and you shall receive.
I love our Family Fun Days and the kids always look forward to them. Letting them pick what we do makes them look forward to them even more and I always smile to hear them talk about these days for weeks or even months afterwards. :)

No comments: