Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm Leaving...On A Jet Plane...

My flight leaves in a few hours and I am so excited! I haven't been in an airplane since 2001...two weeks after 9/11. I'm hoping that the atmosphere in the airport will be a tad less anxious than it was then.

I'm really excited about seeing one of my best friends and I can't wait to experience the Susan G. Komen in another state. I wonder if it will provoke the same feelings that the one in Utah does. It's always hard remembering past races when Mom was with us. Remembering where we took the last photos of her in the Gateway. Remembering things she said at certain spots along the route. Remembering where we took photos of the first race she missed.

I know that just being around other families who have this tragic disease affect their lives is always hard...and uplifting. I love wearing a picture of Mom on my back, knowing that I am representing her for every one to see. I love seeing the pictures of other people who have passed on and sharing a look of solidarity with the person wearing it. I love seeing the smiles on the faces of the Survivors and their families.

This race will always be such a special thing to me. I can't wait to see the photos from my family doing the Utah race and I'm excited to share photos from the Georgia race. I love you all!!

No comments: