Tuesday, April 3, 2012

They Are Growing...

...my arms, that is.

I keep staring at them today, as I work. There is a little...something...there now. A little...dare I say...muscle? A little...definition? I don't know...but it sure is exciting to see SOMETHING happening since the scale isn't really budging much.

I'm trying not to place too much emphasis on that stupid square piece of plastic, this go round. I've lost 3.5 lbs in the last month. Whoop-dee-doo. I did, however, take measurements for the first time ever, and I'm excited to take new ones on the 8th to see if anything has changed. That will have given my body one month to tone somewhere. Anywhere. :)

I feel better. That alone, is priceless. I'm getting stronger. I've upped the weights I started with, numerous times. I feel more comfortable in the gym and am getting the "nod" from the seasoned gym rats, rather than the annoyed look of "get away from my weights, you're in my way." I guess I've gone enough and look like I know what I'm doing enough, now. ;)

Josh is looking pretty good, too! We cheated and measured him early, because I could already tell that his arms were getting bigger! Even at rest, his biceps have grown an inch! It's crazy! His skinny little runner body can still sling the weights with the big boys...to a point. ;)

Bring it on, summer! I'm going to be ready for you, this year!

No comments: