Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Promise You

I had a bit of a scare this morning.

I found out that the kids' first day of school in the fall is the 20th of August and I knew that my nursing school orientation was that same morning. On campus. Over an hour away. Meaning that I could wake them up, but I wouldn't have been able to take them to school for their first day. Luke's first day of all day school. Avery's first day of second grade. Ry's first day of fourth grade. Bailey's last first day of elementary school.

I was devastated.

Thankfully, I was wrong and my orientation is the week prior to them starting school. *phew!*



Dear Munchkins,

     I love you. I know that these next two years are going to be a little more challenging than we have previously experienced. I can't promise you that I will always be here and that I will never miss things. I can't promise that I won't come home from a twelve hour clinical shift exhausted, stressed and overwhelmed. I can't promise that I won't hide from the world the night before a big test.
      I can promise you that everything I'm doing...I'm doing for you. I can promise you that I am doing everything I can to make you proud of me. I can promise you that there is an end in sight and this time will pass quickly by. I can promise that your patience and understanding does not go unnoticed.
     "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going" and I know in my heart that this is what I'm meant to do. Our sacrifices now...our whole family's sacrifices...are going to pay off. You guys are my whole world. Greater things have yet to come, my babies. Stick with me through this and I promise...it will all be worth it.

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Mom said...

That was beautiful Leeann and it will be all worth it in the end. You are in the process of inspiring your children to further their education when High School is over. I'm sure they are very proud of you.