Thursday, April 5, 2012

Four Years Ago

Four years ago this week, I was grieving the greatest loss I had known. I had just lost a baby that I had so desperately wanted, cried for, prayed for...would have done anything for.

Carter just wasn't meant to be, here on earth. But, I know my little angel is smiling from above, as he watched me get my amazing news this week. I know that he is proud of me.

How fitting, that I would get my news this week. I will one day deliver babies into the arms of their mothers, where they belong. I will one day watch them fall in love with their sons and daughters...and my heart will heal even a little more.

It is amazing how much life can change, in four short years. In those years I have experienced my highest highs and my lowest lows. I've lost and gained some wonderful people in my life. I've made some choices that I'm not proud of and I've made decisions that I stand firmly behind.

I can't wait to see what the next few years has in store for me. This is only the beginning.

I love you, little Carter. Play in Heaven with all the other beautiful babies too perfect for earth. Know that I will hold you one day, but until then, hold Uncle Jared and Grandma's hand. <3

No comments: