Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day One - No One Has Died...Miraculously

So, remember last summer when I watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and began making green smoothies?

Well, I'm at it again. (I never really stopped completely...I would still do it from time to time...but I'm REALLY at it again.)

I attempted to do a seven day cleanse last year...yeah, that lasted about 18 hours before I couldn't do it anymore. Being around the pool during the summer, not being mentally prepared...or having great recipes on hand...set me up to fail.

This time, I planned it for a better week...not much going on. Less temptation. More recipes on hand to try, so I don't get bored. And...while it may not be sticking to the "plan" totally...I am adding protein powder to a couple smoothies a day. When I work out, I am burning 700-900 calories at a time. I cannot do that (and I won't stop for a week) without some protein in my diet and still be healthy.

Hopefully it helps.

I'm about 22 hours in now and no one has died. Yet. It's hard. Foods I normally don't even want...like sloppy joes...I almost tore out of my kids' hands at their dinner time. My mood is a little off kilter. I know it is only going to get harder before it gets easier...but the amount of fruits and veggies I am getting in? WOW. Amazing.

Let's see what the next six days bring.

Watch the documentary. It'll change your life.

No comments: