Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Week Later

Well, it's been one week since we began Avery on her new medication. We have already upped her from the half dosage to the full pill, because she was unable to fall asleep on the half dosage. With that said...

SHE IS LIKE A DIFFERENT KID.

No, it's not all due to the medication. She has been improving steadily over the last five or six weeks, anyway. I don't know if therapy has finally begun to work or what, but I'm loving it. She is still "Avery". She still has her moments of outbursts and she still gets angry, but for the first time ever in her life I am able to rationalize with her a majority of the time. I can explain myself. I can make her understand. I can get through to her. She is beginning to take responsibility for her actions, when she does act out. She is starting to show remorse.

I can't begin to explain to you, what this means to me.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

That is such wonderful news! It makes me happy for you as a mother and also for Avery, who I adore.

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL! Simply wonderful ;)!!!!!!!!!!

Lacey Sue said...

oops, I clicked anonymous but it's just me ;)

Candygirlflies said...

WONDERFUL.

Keep us posted!!

xoxo CGF

McKell Anderson said...

This post makes me smile - inside and out! I am so happy for everyone! <3

DizzyMamma said...

So pleased it is making a difference. We are not having so much luck with Freyja, who has actually gotten worse, but we will keep on keeping on. More appointments to come, and hopefully a higher dosage, plus maybe convincing her to use some techniques to help her concentrate and keep a handle on her temper. You really are an inspiration to me with your blog about Avery, its been great to know that I am not the only mother on this journey!