Thursday, March 8, 2012

Here I Go Again

I've begun training...again. :)

After doing so well and getting up to running 4 miles at a time...life got in the way. Stress elevated. Priorities shifted. Excuses were easier to make.

BUT! I'm back at it.

I'm running again and I've decided to add weight training this time. I've never successfully, nor consistently weight trained, while hitting cardio hard. We'll see how this goes. Today is day two and I'm already wincing any time I move, so that's a good sign, right? I'm working under the guidance of a beautiful friend who has made some amazing changes in her life. (THANKS, FUZZY!!)

I have a 5K coming up in May and I get to fly across the country to do it! I get to see one of my best friends who moved last fall and show Mom's name off in Atlanta, Georgia's Susan G Komen! Win-Win! I'm so excited and I just KNOW that I'm going to be able to beat my time last year of just under 31 minutes.

I know it.

Providing I can walk tomorrow...

:)

1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

You are ROCKING IT! You need to remember 90% of running, working out, whatever -is MENTAL. If you start letting your brain sabotage you, you'll fail. Think you can- then just do it! So proud of you!!!!!!!