Friday, February 3, 2012

What I Would Say To My 20 Year Old Self

I did a post a few years ago, giving advice to my high school self. Looking back, I realize how very different my life is now, compared to then. (Thank goodness, or there would be a major problem...) I sat contemplating today, what I would now say to my 20 year old self.

1. Go back to school. Now. Don't put it off because you have a baby. One day, when you're finishing school with five kids...you'll thank me.

2. I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself. <3 I know how much courage that took.

3. Don't buy your dream home this year. You're too young and stupid to have it, this young. However, maybe you need to learn this lesson...

4. Be careful who you trust.

5. Hold your best friend close. You have no idea how much her life is going to change. Ten years later, she is still going to be one of your very best friends. These types of friends don't come around often. Don't take it for granted.

6. Take the time to get healthy. Go to the doctor now and find out what's wrong. Don't wait another five years, when things have compounded.

7. Take more pictures and videos of Mom and Jared. You'll regret it later, if you don't.

8. Don't allow work to stress you out, so much. It isn't worth it.

9. Cherish the newborn period. It doesn't last nearly long enough. Blink and she will be ten, going on seventeen. You will be left wondering where the tiny baby sleeping in her ladybug room, went.

10. No matter how crazy Josh makes you and how many stupid little fights you have...he will always love you. Faults and all. There is no one like him and you're lucky to have married him. Remember that when he's making you nuts. <3

1 comment:

ellisgomez said...

I love this! You are amazing :)