Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Intuition

What is intuition? In the dictionary it is described as 1.The ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning. and 2. A thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning.

Intuition to me is that immediate knowledge, a "gut feeling" if you will, without any explanation. I've felt intuition a lot in my life. Sometimes I've followed it...sometimes I haven't...but it's always been right. I've paid the price when I haven't followed it, yet I still have moments when I don't. Why is that? Why fight what I know?

Because I don't want to believe it. I want to hide for a while. I want to ignore it. Self preservation or stupidity? I don't really know.

“Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.

They somehow already know what you truly want to become.

Everything else is secondary.”

-Steve Jobs

No comments: