Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Was Here

Something...my classes, my life, memories...something...has been causing me to reflect on my life a lot lately. What I've done. Choices I've made. Who I was. Who I've become. Who I'm becoming.

(I know, I know...my last three posts have been about dying, death, preparing, ect. No, I'm not dying. Just...reflective.)

I want to know I've made a difference in this world. I want to know that I have made someone's life better and that I have in some way...changed the world. Or someone's world. I know that I'm not the only one...isn't that everyone's goal? What else would be the point of life, other than to leave this world better than when you got here?

Perhaps that is the meaning of life. It isn't about lessons that we are meant to learn. It isn't to endure trials to make us stronger. Perhaps the meaning of life is to strive to contribute to society, leaving others better off than before they knew you. I pray that I've done that and that I have opportunity to do it many times over, before I leave this earth.

I want to know that I made someone smile, because someone has made me smile. I want to know that I made someone laugh, because someone has made me laugh. I want to know that I made someone think, because someone has made me think. I want to know that I made someone change, because someone has changed me. I want to have saved someone...because someone has saved me. I want to give of my knowledge, my talents, my love, my faith, my forgiveness and my understanding, because at one time, or another, someone has given all of those to me. I want to know that I have given back more than I have taken and loved as much as I have been loved.

"I was here. I lived. I loved. I was here.
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
and it was more than I thought it would be.
I will leave my mark, so everyone will know, I was here.
I just want them to know that I gave my all,
did my best, brought someone some happiness.
Left this world a little better, just because...I was here."



No comments: