Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Every Single Minute

I had a thought this morning... "This week is going to change my life. Forever."

Lots of fun and stressful things going on, that will impact a huge part of my future are happening this week. It's crazy to think about.

But, then...I had an epiphany.


Seems obvious, doesn't it? But, really...read it again. Every single minute, of every single day, is changing your life. 

It's not just the big moments in my life, that have a major impact on it. Every single day, every choice I make...is changing my life. Even one small variation in my actions or decisions can alter my life in big ways. Everyone has had those moments where they look back and realized how one seemingly insignificant moment changed their life. It's those little moments that you think about later...not the big changes.

It's empowering, when you really think about it. I have a lot more control over the little changes and decisions in my life, than I do over the big ones. I can't control the nursing school application process. I can't control some boss's boss's boss's boss decision on whether or not I get a raise. I can't control other people. (Whoa...that's a big one.)

However, I can control my reaction to certain situations. I can control my attitude. I can control what I eat, when I exercise, how much effort I give my homework, going the extra mile at work, mending bridges with people, wearing my seat belt, choosing a deep breath instead of anger...all smaller choices/decisions, in the grand scheme of things...but ones that can generate HUGE changes in my life.

Amazing.

Every single minute, of every single day, is changing your life. 

1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!