Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom




Happy Birthday, Mom.

If you were here, we would be celebrating with lunch and a girl's day out. Bay would be begging to come along, insisting that she was old enough to hang out with the adults. :) Instead, we will be letting balloons go at your grave, like we did last year to commemorate the day you left us. The kids like knowing that they can send you mail in Heaven. :)

May 2011
I miss you, Mom. I say that a lot. I love you. I say that a lot, too. There's so much more I want to say, that I can't. Like...I'm sorry. And I hope you're proud of me. And I hope you have seen how hard Josh is working to graduate from college and to support our family. And the kids need you. Bailey talks. A lot. And she needs you to listen. Ryleigh still cries. A lot. Because she misses you. Avery needs you. A lot. Because you understood her more than anyone else. Lukey doesn't remember much. At all. And that breaks my heart. Peanut knows your pictures. You are a photo on the wall...not a person who loved to laugh and tell jokes and bake cookies and tease and give hugs and read stories. And that makes me cry.

But, I rarely let them see me do that. Because I want them to associate you with happiness, not tears. :)

Happy Birthday, Mom. Once again...we love and miss you. Every. Single. Day.

No comments: