Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thirty Days Of Thanks

Nov. 1st - I'm thankful for my husband's patience.
Nov. 2nd - I'm thankful for old friends.
Nov. 3rd - I'm thankful for the opportunity to work from home, so that I never miss the important things. Because they are all important things.
Nov. 4th - I'm thankful for chocolate cupcakes and the smile they bring to my family's face.
Nov. 5th - I'm thankful for completed tasks and the feeling of accomplishment.
Nov. 6th - I'm thankful for people that make me feel included and loved.
Nov. 7th - I'm thankful for a husband that drove the kids to school today, after a night shift, because he knows I'm afraid to drive in the snow.
Nov. 8th - I'm thankful for the faith to believe that families will be reunited in Heaven and no one that is "gone" is truly gone forever.
Nov. 9th - I'm thankful for the days that the children get along with one another and are helpful.
Nov. 10th - I'm thankful for yummy food and Mom's handwritten recipe book.
Nov. 11th - I'm thankful for the men and women that are willing to sacrifice everything, so that I can live freely.
Nov. 12th - I'm thankful for friends that treat me like family.
Nov. 13th - I'm thankful for my hearing and the ability to listen to my children play the piano.
Nov. 14th - I'm thankful for my strong, healthy body and the motivation to exercise.
Nov. 15th - I'm thankful for a husband that listens.
Nov. 16th - I'm thankful that I wasn't the Mom with the broke down mini-van in the carpool lane at the kids' school today. I'm also thankful that another Mom had the knowledge and kind heart to pull over and help her.
Nov. 17th - I'm thankful for migraine medication and a husband that takes over all my duties without a complaint.
Nov. 18th - I'm thankful for an understanding boss for when the migraine medications make me so loopy that not only did I not work, but I sent her random, crazy text messages.
Nov. 19th - I'm thankful for the chance to help good friends and to feel useful.
Nov. 20th - I'm thankful for lazy Sundays and cooking breakfast with my kids.
Nov. 21st - I'm thankful for modern medicine and the miracle that Peanut brought to my life, three years ago, today.
Nov. 22nd - I'm thankful that Elmer's glue isn't super glue.
Nov. 23rd - I'm thankful for the warmth of a hug.
Nov. 24th - I'm thankful for the chance to sit around the table and hear what my family is thankful for.
Nov. 25th - I'm thankful for antibiotics and a hot lemon and honey drink...because that's all I can swallow.
Nov. 26th - I'm thankful for laughter and it's ability to make me feel better.
Nov. 27th - I'm thankful for a clean, tidy home and helpful children with good attitudes.
Nov. 28th - I'm thankful for a boss that knows when I'm having a bad day, so she makes my life easier.
Nov. 29th - I'm thankful for the mornings that the kids wake up in good moods!
Nov. 30th - I'm thankful for the situations in my life that have made me strong and the love in my life that makes me weak. I'm thankful for a life full of hard work and circumstances that remind me to slow down. I'm thankful for the times that have made me tough and the people that let me be fragile. I'm thankful for the lessons I've learned and for the lessons I've taught. I'm thankful for my faith in humanity and for those who have faith in me. <3

2 comments:

McKell Anderson said...

This is really nice.

Lacey Sue said...

I love the deep feeling of gratitude...it makes life a lot more livable!