Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Self Reliance #4

“Self-censorship is not just self-betrayal and self-abandonment (which would be bad enough), but soul-betrayal and betrayal of our Muse, out inner voice, our highest self.”


Too often we censor ourselves, our actions, and our work in hope or fear of what might happen if we otherwise don’t. What words would you write today, and what actions would you take, if you had nothing to fear, nothing to lose?

 I really don't like you. I don't like your choices or your attitude. Thinking about you, drains me. It takes away from my happiness and makes me feel nauseated. I don't understand you or your way of thinking. I expend far too much energy worrying about you and what you think. I need to stop.

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

ouch, sorry.

Lacey Sue said...

lol- j/k hun. Sometimes, the best thing a person can do, is speak what they are TRULY thinking and feeling.