Thursday, October 27, 2011

Disturbing...

I work for a home inspection company. Basically, we inspect homes for all the different homeowners' insurance companies and provide them with a report that tells them how much they should insure a home for. We also notify them if there are any concerns; like mold, decks falling apart or a tiger in the guest bedroom...(no joke...that has happened!).

When someone has an inspection done, many photos are taken, so that the inspector can write up their report more accurately and so that when I proofread the reports I can verify information. I have seen a lot of homes and a lot of pictures, over the years. (Let me take this moment to remind you all that if you don't want me knowing every detail of your personal life, put away your...ahem, personal things... before we come take pictures, okay???) However, over the last week, I am seeing a trend that I find MOST disturbing...

CHRISTMAS TREES. SET UP, DECORATED AND LIT UP!

IN THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER!!!!

People...what happened to Halloween? What happened to Thanksgiving??? Can't we give these holidays their day in the sun, before we start celebrating Christmas? Goodness gracious...

Time goes fast enough. Let's not hurry 2011 out the door just yet, okay?

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Is there more than one house with christmas decorations up? If it's one person, they are just a little nutty. If more than one...well the world is going absolutely crazy. It's still October!!!!

Leeann said...

Oh, it was three different houses! Crazy, crazy, crazy!!

Bethany said...

Yea, that's insane!