Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Day In The Life Of Me

While checking out old blogs that I started, yet never finished, I came across this one, started June 26, 2008. It cracked me up so much, that I decided to post it now. The kids would have been aged as follows:
Bailey - 6, Ryleigh - 5, Avery - 3, Luke - 2 and I was pregnant with Peanut - about 8 weeks along.

--------------------
I get asked quite often how I do it all, in a day. So, for fun, I though I would document my day, so you can see exactly what I do, from moment to moment. When the kids grow up, I can pull this out and show them what Mommy actually did all day. (I'll leave out potty breaks...we all do it...you just don't need to know when!) LOL


6:43 AM - Alarm is set to go off in 2 minutes...reset it for 7:00.

7:00 AM - Pull myself from bed and head downstairs to start my work.

7:15 AM - The girls I baby sit, show up for the day.

7:50 AM - Everyone is awake and screaming for breakfast. Cheerios and bananas.

8:00 AM- Pull up my work again and attempt to complete an entire report.

8:03 - 8:20 AM - Referee fights between 5 girls and one naked little boy. Why must they all want the same toy at the same time?

8:20 AM - Back to work. Yup...gonna get some done today.

8:30 - 9:30 AM - Actually complete some reports while also blowing up a floatie for the pool...6 times, getting four cups of lemonade and answering the question, "When are we going to swimming lessons?" two thousand times.

9:35 AM - "LUKEY POOPED ALL OVER THE FLOOR!"

9:40 AM - Armed with cleaning supplies and rags...I find two little poops. Phew! I can handle that! Clean it up and scrub carpet where offense was committed.

9:43 AM - Several more "When are we going to swimming lessons?" questions later, and I'm back at work. I will get these reports done.

10:17 - 11:00 AM - Put work away, wake up Josh (he worked last night, so he was sleeping for a few hours), dress and sunblock all little people and myself. Off to swimming lessons!

11:00 - 12:10 PM - Swimming lessons and head on home. I need a shower because I am super hot and greasy from the sunblock. Ugh!

12:30 - 1:30 PM - Swimming lessons make the appetite pick up! Six kids eat 4 boxes of macaroni and cheese, 1/2 gallon of gatorade, 3 oranges, 6 granola bars and 6 popsicles. No wonder I'm broke! A debate ensues over where the first KFC was opened. (For the record, a restaurant serving the chicken opened in Kentucky first, but under a different name. The actual first KFC franchise was in Salt Lake.)

1:30 PM - Luke pees on the floor. Apparently today is an "off" day for potty training.

1:32 PM - Sitting on the couch exhausted. How am I going to make it through the rest of the day?

1:35 PM - Find Avery. Find Avery with an orange highliter. Find Avery with an orange highliter drawing all over her body.

1:39 PM - Luke goes down for a nap. Oh, thank goodness. Maybe now I can sit still for 5 minutes.

--------------------
That's it. My day must have went to hell after that, because I never finished the post. 

How fun to look back at those days...that I never want to live again... ;)

No comments: