Monday, October 24, 2011

Bald and Beautiful - Four Years Later

Four Years Ago

I know he'll always love me...no matter what I look like.

It's hard to believe that it's been four years since the "Bald and the Beautiful" head shaving. (If you'd like to read the newspaper article, click here.) I'm pretty sure that I have the world's slowest growing hair, because I've only really trimmed it since that day and this is as long as it has gotten:




I've never regretted shaving my head. It was such an empowering feeling, knowing that I was doing something for Mom, to support her. It was a very frustrating time period, in which we all wished that there was more that we could do. Knowing this was her second time that she'd be losing her hair, I didn't want her to go through it alone. Hair? It grows back...sometimes, really, really, reeeaaallly slowly. :)

We love and miss you, Mom.

 Slide.com is unfortunately shutting down and removed my music from the slideshow I made, but click on the box below to view all the photos from that amazing day.


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Your head-shaving experience is very special to ME, as it was exactly when I 'met' you. Someone had shared a link about what you were going to do, so I clicked on it and knew instantly that I wanted to be friends with you!

You are an amazing person to have done that for your mother-in-law. The strength you showed, and your outlook on life, love and family, is incredible.

(ps: I think your hair has grown rather fast actually...and you look GORGEOUS!)