Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Just A Housewife

I'm having a "just a housewife" day.

Stay at home moms, you know the kind of day I'm talking about. A day where I feel frumpy, useless and jealous of all the women out there who get to leave their house on a daily basis. Or who interact with people who don't repeat, "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." incessantly and don't touch them with sticky hands. Or who can meet friends for lunch without worrying about finding a family friendly restaurant. Or who can hit the gym, without worrying if the daycare is open. Or who contribute to the world something more than a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Or hell...who get to pee alone.

I'm tired of feeling like nothing more than someone who is around to find lost shoes and cook dinner. Someone who has just as many cheerios in the bottom of her purse, as loose change. Someone who always smells faintly of Clorox Clean-up. Someone who must enjoy cleaning up after others...because why else would they be so kind as to leave their messes for me? Someone who talks, but nobody listens, because I must have nothing important to say...I'm just a housewife, after all.

*sigh*

Tomorrow will be a better day.

7 comments:

creepy80 said...

I LOVE reading your blogs, makes me feel much better to know I'm not alone!

Erin said...

i hear you loud and clear! i know in a couple of years, i will miss my housewife/sahm job and want it back. but, there are days that i just yearn to be with the adults!
what i miss the most about working? the drive to and from work. when i could have the radio on as loud as i wanted or have complete peace.

Anonymous said...

Oh Leeann, I wish I could be home with my kids more. What you have is a luxury, not a curse. I feel like all I do is work. When I'm not working I have to run errands because I have not time during the week. Consider yourself blessed that you get to watch your kids grow up in person, not in pictures. I love you!

Maegen

Leeann said...

Oh I'm not complaining so much about being home with my kids...its the feelings and stigma of the frumpy housewife that goes along with it.

Though I really WOULD like to pee alone. ;)

Rachelle Lee said...

I just came over from my friends blog and am so happy that I did. I can completely agree with how you feel as a housewife and have been on the other side where I was a complete workaholic. It always seem like the grass is greener on the other side, but I wouldn't trade being home with my boys for anything. I hope you really don't feel too frumpy, your picture is amazing. I just have to end with I do get to pee alone but that is because my boys are a little older and the last thing they want to see is me in the bathroom :)

Andrea said...

I get how you feel. Although I do 'get' to go to work two days a week. But I find that when I'm at home on my other days, I wish I was at work. And when I'm at work, I wish I was at home....

Lmdrape said...

Love that I am not alone, I love my boys but sometimes wish I could have a break! I totally hear ya on the peeing ALONE part. Maybe in another 5 years that will happen! LOL!!