Friday, July 29, 2011

Sometimes, It Sucks Being A Girl...

Wow. Yesterday was a day. You know, one of those days.

One of those days that husbands dread coming home from work, because they are pretty sure that they are going to find their wife standing in the kitchen, simultaneously washing dishes, cooking dinner, sweeping the floor, screaming that no one helps her...and her head spinning around all Poltergeist-like...

...or curled up on the bathroom floor, fetal position, crying her eyes out, for no apparent reason...

...or standing in the front room, tossing his bow out the front door, along with his waders, hiking boots, backpack and clothes from last week's hiking trip...because they were still laying on the floor...

...not that I did any of that.

Okay, I didn't do most of that.

But I sure as hell wanted to.

Holy hormones, my friends. I have no idea what was up with yesterday, but I swear I could feel the weight of the world, crashing down on my head. All of a sudden I was panicking about everything, at once. Money. Time. Getting the kids registered for school. Relationships. Being a bad Mom. Not getting into nursing school. I was a basketcase. I knew I was going nucking futs, but I didn't know exactly why...and I didn't have a clue how to stop it.

Couple the hormones with the fact that I was craving...and ate...4 mangoes in a 24 hour period (not including the ones in my daily smoothie...) and you would have thought I was pregnant. Like...octo-mom pregnant...riding some crazy hormonal roller coaster. Thankfully, that's about as likely as me growing a third arm.

Although...a third arm would come in mighty handy...

Heh. Handy. Get it?

I digress...

Josh should get combat pay, for dealing with me yesterday. Granted, he brought some of it on himself (put your freaking crap away!! I didn't give birth to a 6'5" manchild and I refuse to clean up after one!!)...(Uh...I love you!)...but, for the most part, I was just being a fruit loop. Poor guy. *sigh*

Yup, sometimes, it sucks being a girl...but it probably sucks more, being married to one.


***Note: No, I didn't really toss his things out on the front lawn and his bow was not harmed in the making of this horrific day. I calmly walked it upstairs and placed it in it's proper place, in our closet. JUST LIKE HE SHOULD HAVE DONE. ;)

4 comments:

Brittney said...

And some of it could have been my fault cause I kept your girls out all day :( Sorry, love you and I loved having them over.

Leeann said...

Naw. I'm glad you had them and they had fun!! <3

Courtney said...

No offense Lee, but this post just made me feel lots better. It's good to know that even my personal Supermom hero has days like that. They've been happening all too frequently around here :)

Whitney said...

My husband does the same... but with clothes. He sheds them almost the minute he walks in and I find them everywhere!!!!! At least try to make it to the bedroom....