Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Miss Bailey Alivia

Ten years ago today, a beautiful miracle was placed in my arms. We stared at each other, in wonder; her big eyes searching mine, in confusion. I immediately fell in love with her and vowed that from that moment on, my entire life would be lived for her.

As a nineteen year old mother, I was frightened and cautiously excited. How could I be responsible for this little baby girl, when I still felt like so much of a child, myself? Josh and I never planned to become parents, so young and she was quite the surprise. However, I resented anyone that ever indicated that my precious baby was a "mistake" (and yes, people actually did.) Bailey was and forever will be, a blessing that we never knew we wanted. She filled a hole in my heart, that I didn't know was there.


Over the years, this little girl has become a big sister four times. She has had two broken arms. She has said good-bye to her Uncle Jared and her Grandma. She has her tonsils and adenoids removed. She has survived two years of preschool, kindergarten, first, second, third and fourth grade. I don't know where the time has gone...




Bailey Bug, I love you so very much. You are such a thoughtful and helpful girl. I'm watching you change, almost daily, into a beautiful and amazing young woman. You are so incredibly smart and make me very proud of you. I love your artistic side and I'm so impressed with your capabilities. You are incredibly talented, not only at sketching, but at playing the piano. I love watching you get excited over learning something new. You are a wonderful big sister and I seeing you play with your siblings. Your grandma would be so proud of who you are becoming. Happy Birthday, Baily Boo. Your dad and I love you, so very, very much!

1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

Happy Birthday BAY!!! Hope it's a good one! :)