Saturday, July 9, 2011

Even On My Weakest Days...

...I get a little bit stronger.

I've felt very tested lately, in many areas of my life. Physically. Emotionally. Spiritually. Mentally. I've been dealing with a lot lately and I've had to choose either to crumble, or learn and grow from the experiences.

It's not that anything huge has happened. In actuality, it's a hundred little things, pulling me...pushing me...crushing me. There is a quote I love, that says: "Sometimes the littlest things in life are the hardest to take.  You can sit on a mountain more comfortably than on a tack." That is the best way to describe how I'm feeling.

However, I'm realizing that at the same time, I'm being given amazing amounts of opportunity to learn and grow. I'm learning how to step back, take a deep breath, not let a situation overwhelm me, ask for help and even ask myself: "What can I learn from this?". I feel like I'm growing tremendously, as I go through this process. Maybe this is what people call "finding yourself"...? I don't know.

It's not easy. Change never is. It's not easy to change yourself or accept change in other people. It's not easy to allow people to see me weak and scared. It's not easy to be without answers. It's not easy seeing people turn away. It's not easy letting people go. It's not easy pushing myself past every boundary I've set for myself before.

But...I'm tellin' myself I'll be okay. Because even on my weakest days...I get a little bit stronger.

No comments: