Monday, June 13, 2011

I Feel Loved

Wow. The support I have been shown, since the post about Avery, warms my heart.

I got so many wonderful comments, emails, messages and texts...thank you. It means a lot to me. That truly was the hardest post that I have ever written.

Very few people in my life knew about the struggles we have had with her. We have always joked about "Avery's Antics" and many of the stories are just comical things that my sweet girl has done. Others...are stories that I rolled my eyes and tried to joke about, but I knew deep down were just another sign that something was wrong.

Avery was very bonded with Mom and I don't know if she has become worse since her passing because of the loss of her in her life, or because she would have anyway. Or maybe a little of both. Mom was one of the few people that could always calm her down and reach her, when no one else could.

As tomorrow's appointment approaches with her doctor, I find my nerves getting the better of me. I hope that I'm able to convey everything to him, in a way that makes sense and allows him to understand what we have been going through. I've decided that I don't want her in the room when I explain everything to him, because I'm sure that I will get upset and cry and I don't want to upset her. I also don't want her to feel like she's done anything wrong. All she knows is that we are going to the doctor to talk to him about why she gets upset sometimes.

Bottom line, I will do whatever is necessary to help her. I would much rather help teach my six year old how to cope, then wait until she is sixteen to pick up the pieces. I have to be strong for her, no matter how hard it is.

So, again, thank you, to those of you who reached out to me. I needed it, more than you know. <3

1 comment:

miss sarah said...

I think it would definitely be best if you talk with the doctor first without Avery in the room. I will be sending prayers of strength and love your way. Can't wait for your next, full-of-hope, update :)