Thursday, June 9, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

I'm feeling really grateful today.

I'm grateful for my husband and all the hard work he does every day, so that I can stay home with our kids. I give him grief quite often that he "gets" to go to work and get adult time, while I'm "stuck" at home with the children. Realistically, I know that he is dealing with a few adults that act like children...and I don't envy him. Then, when he comes home, he dives in and takes care of the kids and helps around the house, without a complaint. I know how lucky I am.

I'm grateful for my children. They make me absolutely insane...but teach me something new, every single day. I have learned more compassion, patience, unconditional love, kindness, how to relax and how to quell my gag reflex, from them, than any other people on the planet. There is never a day that goes by, that they don't make me laugh. There is never a day that goes by, that I don't stare at them, amazed that they are mine.

I'm grateful for the family and friends in my life that love me, regardless of my mistakes. For the ones that call me out of the blue...and forgive me when I don't do the same. For the ones that listen when I need them to and allow me to listen, when they need the same. For the ones that let me pick their brains, when I need help and trust me enough to ask my opinion, when it is needed. For the ones that make me laugh and have seen me cry. <3 <3 <3

I'm grateful for my body. It sure ain't as pretty as it used to be, but it created six perfect children and allowed me to give birth to five wonderful kids. It's allowing me to push it new goals now and I'm thankful that I've been able to achieve what I have. I can't wait to see what else I can do!

I'm grateful for the opportunity to go to school. It hasn't been easy, but I know that is going to be so incredibly worth it. Not only am I showing my kids what hard work and perseverance can do, but I will be able to better provide for them, in years to come. In addition, I am pursuing my passion! Nothing will make me happier, than the day that I can officially sign my name with R.N. after it. I will do it, obnoxiously, for an entire day. ;)

I'm grateful to have a job that allows me to work from home and is so flexible. Sadly, I will never become rich from it, but it satisfies our needs, for now.

I'm grateful for good songs, that make mundane chores, fly by! Dishes aren't so bad, when a booty shakin' song is playing in the background! ;)

I'm grateful for my blog. It allows me to document all the crazy memories I don't want to forget. It allows me to vent about the things that I shouldn't actually say out loud...but, that would eat at me otherwise. It allows me to share my triumphs and failures, so that others can relate. It allows me to give a voice to those that don't have one and to discuss topics that I feel strongly about. It allows me the chance to share the world: through the eyes of ME.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Well said. It's good to have a reminder every once in a while. (Mainly for me!)