Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Today, I Will Be Tested

Horrible migraine last night.

I haven't had a migraine, or even a really bad headache, in a few weeks. I'm really thankful for that, but it still sucks when they come on. The past few days I'd had very mild headaches, so I knew something was up. I get a "static" feeling behind my eyes when a migraine is going to come on and I was getting that, but nothing manifested from that...until last night. Within an hour, I went from no headache to a bad headache to full-blown migraine, complete with nausea and loss of vision in my right eye. When they come on that quick, I know they are going to be a doozy.

I took two of my fioricets and it helped to lessen the pain, but strangely it didn't remove it completely or give me the euphoric feeling that I typically have. Dang it! ;) I ended up slipping into my drug induced coma sleep and waking up with a thumping headache this morning.

My plan today, has been to kill it with caffeine, water and neck massages. So far, I've been able to get it down to a moderate headache, but with work staring me in the face, I know that it may get worse.

My dilemma? Today isn't my day off from training. In fact, today is the day that I double the distance I've been running. I was already terrified of today and worried about pushing my body to today's distance and now I have to do it with my head pounding.

However, I refuse to give up. I refuse to give in to my body, anymore. I refuse to let these headaches control and dictate what I can and cannot do.

Today, I will be tested. I will not fail.

1 comment:

McKell Anderson said...

How did you do? Mission accomplished?