Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So...This Is How The Other Half Lives...

I've officially been out of school for four days...

...and I'm BORED.

I am sitting here tonight with a clean house, mowed lawn, all my work done, dinner dishes done and...twiddling my thumbs. I have no homework to do. I have no reading to do. I have no tests to study for.

I've already painted my toenails, straightened my hair, made white chocolate covered popcorn and taken a bubble bath...and it's only 9:00 pm.

I could probably watch T.V., but the thought doesn't really appeal to me. Josh is already dozing on the couch, so a rowdy game of Skip-bo doesn't seem to be an option. All the kids are in bed, so they can't entertain me. What in the world do "normal" people do with...what's it called?

Free time?

I think I need to stock up on some paint, tape and brushes. Looks like this momma may be doing some redecorating in the weeks to come...

3 comments:

Annie said...

now i want some white chocolate covered popcorn! yum. enjoy your time!!!

Whitney said...

Lucky gal! Come organize my house... We've pulled it apart in our efforts to spring clean and dejunk and now I can't seem to find the energy or time to put it back together.

Heather said...

Hi, Leanne-- Oh, my... how this post rang true for me. I graduated last year, but with the job market being so rotten, began taking online university courses last September, which kept me busy and out of trouble... until April 10!! Since then, I've been going BONKERS: ripping down wallpaper, sanding and plastering, painting, sewing, you name it. I even stripped and refinished all the wood wainscotting on the lower floor!! Then, I started OUTSIDE... once the gardens were dug, I started juggling large, dangerous power tools and attacked all of our 20 foot hedges!!! Being idle is not an option. I get it. Virtual high-five, my dear!!! xoxo CGF