Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hi, My Name Is Leeann...

...and I'm quickly becoming an endorphin junkie.

I'm into week two of my ten week training for the 10K and I'm starting to fall in love with it! It is still really, really hard and I have to push myself to accomplish my goals...but, I'm doing it. I still feel really inadequate, but I'm trying to focus on what I am doing, instead of what I think I should be doing.

I have a feeling the entire ten weeks is going to be like this. Me being 100% positive that I simply cannot push myself any further...and me proving myself wrong. I think I need this, though. I've always given up and let the voices in my head convince me that I can't do it.

Not this time. I'm done quitting. I want to succeed. I want to be proud of myself for accomplishing something that I never thought I could. So, I'm going to keep testing myself...and I'm going to keep passing. I. Will. Not. Give. Up.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

My hero... *sigh*. I will be coming to you when I'm ready to train for something like this!

Lacey Sue said...

The miles go faster than you can possibly believe. Who knew right? I love running, love it, love it, love it, love it!!!!!