Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday, LUKEY!

Lukey,

Happy 5th Birthday, my handsome little man. Five years ago, you came into this world and made me a Mommy to a baby boy, for the very first time. You melted my heart with your big brown eyes then...and you've done it every day, since.

I love you, my son. You have such a funny personality. You love to make people laugh. So many of your mannerisms remind your Dad and I of your Uncle Jared. You are a rowdy boy, through and through and make a million messes a day. BUT...when you turn on your charm and wrap your arms around my legs, to give me a hug, you melt my heart.

You're finishing up preschool next week and I just can't believe that you are already heading off to kindergarten. Just yesterday, I brought you home and laid you in your frog-themed nursery. I don't know how it's possible that you are riding without training wheels, writing your name and about to go to elementary school.

Never lose your spirit or your inquisitive mind, my baby boy. I so love that about you. Being your Mommy is one of my greatest joys and I'm so lucky that you chose me. Happy 5th Birthday, Luke James. Your Daddy and I love you, very much.

Love, Mom <3








1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

Aw, no way!! Little man, I remember pushing you and Braden around Stansbury in your baby stroller! How could you already be 5?!?!?! Happy Birthday big man! Your one handsome kiddo!