Sunday, April 10, 2011

Where, O Where, Has Spring Time Gone?

It's supposed to be spring? The snow that has been falling outside for days, has me convinced otherwise.

I'm ready for flip-flps and sunshine. Tulips showing their colorful faces. Family walks, after dinner. Popsicles. Grilled chicken, corn on the cob and watermelon dinners. Flying kites at the park and feeding the birds at the lake. The smell of sunblock in my children's hair, when I snuggle them close.

But, let's be clear on this...I'm ready for spring. I'm not ready for summer. Because then all the kids are home. And they outnumber me. ;)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I hear u! I'm n PA and we've had for days! We finally have a break but the sun hasn't shone it's glory at all. Maybe tomorrow. They say near 80 but I have my doubts.
I,too, yearn to be outside (it tires the boy out) and go barefoot!
If if it does come out way, I will share!