Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vows For My Children


Once again, I'm sitting here, pondering the thought processes of others. *sigh*

Life is hard, people. Didn't we already cover this? Again, I'm left questioning why on earth people make it harder for others.

When two people get married, they take certain vows. They promise to love each other in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy, as well as in sorrow. They promise to love one another unconditionally, to support each other in their goals, to honor and respect..to laugh with and cry with and to cherish their spouse.

When two people have children, shouldn't these same promises extend to the little lives that they brought into this world? Shouldn't the vows that were proclaimed in front of family and friends, envelope the family that your love created?

Beautiful children, of mine, I love you. I will love you in sickness (and $20,000 hospital bills) and in health. I will love you in good times and in bad (like when you flooded the house). I will love you in joy and in sorrow. I will love you unconditionally. I will support you in your goals (no matter what they may be). I will honor and respect your right to live your life in such a way that you are happy (even if I disagree with your choices). I will laugh with (and sometimes, at) you and hold you, when you cry. I will forever cherish the little miracles, that each of you are.

Forever and always. <3

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've been following your blog for a little while now, picked it up from some place I can't remember now... anyway, I think this is very beautifully said and so true! I don't have children yet, but when I do I intend to vow these same things to them!

Leeann said...

Thank you. :) Your kind words mean a lot to me.

McKell Anderson said...

You are such a kind friend. I love to read your blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. :)